Monday, January 5, 2015

dark and lonely



My humanity is slipping from my soul
With each breath I breathe
The darkness inside seeks to encompass
Every last corner of my being
The struggling is becoming too much for me

Everyday when I look in the mirror
I hate myself just a little more
I try to smile but find no reason
I barely make it out the door

My light is fading 
With each second of everyday
I find my thoughts traveling down a scary road
One I find myself closer to taking

There is a sliver of a corner
Where the darkness has not taken over
One that still has hope
Is it enough to keep me here
Tethered to an earthly existence
Or will the darkness take over
And I'll find myself 
Venturing down that dark road

This poem above is something I am feeling right now. I am a manic depressive. I have very low times sometimes and one way I try to climb out of that dark hole is writing my feelings down in poetry. I feel that this poem expresses my low manic state perfectly. I find that I do have that one sliver hope when I'm in this place and that leads me to write. I only hope one day that my poetry and writings will happen someone. 

Please leave me comment telling me what you think. 



No comments:

Post a Comment